Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Best for me?

How could I have ever thought that homeschooling wasn't what's best for me? Because some of it has been hard? Well, of course it has.

Everything worth anything is hard.

Did I actually expect it to be easy?

Well, no, but... maybe I expected to have different problems than the ones that I've actually run into? I dunno. What I do know is that I am finally learning to really enjoy my children as they are rather than how I want them to be.

A month or so ago my granny reminded me how much I loved playing school when I was a little girl. I was, of course, always the teacher, and I did enjoy that game very much. However, not for even a split second did I ever actually want to be a public or private school teacher and I had never even heard of homeschooling. Yet, here I am. It's funny where life takes us, isn't it?

1 comment:

  1. This is what your blog made me thingk of: "Do you know one reason why righteous mothers love their children so much - it's because they sacrifice so much for them. We love what we sacrifice for and we sacrifice for what we love." Ezra Taft Benson 1975

    ReplyDelete